JEE Main 2019 will be administrated by National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE Main is a national level entrance exam. It is conducted to offer admission in BE/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan programmes. NITs, CFTIs& various other institutions of India consider the JEE Main scores for providing admission in BE/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan courses. For admission in IITs & ISM Dhanbad, candidates have to qualify both exam, i.e. “JEE Main and JEE Advanced”. JEE Main is conducted every year. Here we are providing the information about JEE Main 2019.
JEE Main 2019 Exam
JEE Main 2019 Application Form
- JEE Main 2019 application form will be released in first week of December 2018.
- Aadhaar card will be compulsory to fill the application form.
- Applicants can fill the application form only through online method.
- upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of applicant & mother’s/father’s/guardian in JPG or JPEG format.
- There is no need to send the printed copy of the application form.
- The application/examination fee will be different as per the categories and mode of exam.
- Payment will be done through online mode.
- Students can also pay the application fee through e-challan of Canara/ICICI/ Syndicate bank.
- The examination fee will be non refundable.
|Papers||Offline Exam||Online Exam|
|General/OBC||SC/ST/PwD/All Girls||General/OBC||SC/ST/PwD/All Girls|
|For Exam Centres in India|
|Paper one or two||Rs. 1000||Rs. 500||Rs. 500||Rs. 250|
|Paper one and two both||Rs. 1800||Rs. 900||Rs. 1300||Rs. 650|
|For Exam Centres in Foreign Country|
|Paper one or two||Rs. 2500||Rs. 1250||Rs. 2500||Rs. 1250|
|Paper one and two both||Rs. 3800||Rs. 1900||Rs. 3800||Rs. 1900|
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria
Students must ensure their eligibility before applying for the JEE Main exam.
- The DOB should fall on or after 1st/ October/ 1994.
- For SC/ST & PwD category, the Date of Birth should fall on or after 1st/ October/ 1989.
- Students can attempt for maximum 3 times for the JEE Mains exam.
- For JEE Advanced, students can appear for maximum 2 consecutive years
|Qualifying Exam||Students must pass 10+2 in 2017 and 2018 are eligible to apply.|
|Appearing Candidates||Students appearing in the 10+2 exams in 2019 are also eligible to apply.|
|Diploma Holders||Students holds Diploma are also eligible to apply but only for admission in IITs. Such students also have to appear for JEE Advanced exam 2019.|
|For admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs||Students have to obtain at least 75% or 65% for SC/ST in 10+ 2 exams or be in top 20 percentile of the respective board.|
|Number of Subjects||Students must have 5 subjects in the qualifying exam. Physics, mathematics & English are the compulsory subject along with any one of the subject from the Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject.|
|Year of Appearance||Students who have passed 12th exams in 2016 are not eligible. Students, who have appeared in 10+2 exams in 2016, did not pass in 2016 but passed in 2017 are also not eligible.|
JEE Main 2019 Dates
Here we are providing the tentative schedule of JEE Main Exam 2019
|Application form available||1/ September/ 2018|
|Mock test available||September 2018|
|Last date for application submission||30/ September /2018|
|Last date for fee payment||1/ October/ 2018|
|Application correction||8/October/ 2018 – 14/ October/ 2018|
|Exact date & shift announce||5/October/ 2018|
|Exam exam city announce||21/ October/ 2018|
|Availability of admit card||17/ December /2018|
|Exam date||6/ January/ 2019 – 20/ January/ 2019|
|Result announcement||31/ January/ 2019|
|Application form release||8/February/ 2019|
|Correction in uploaded image starts||February 2019|
|Mock test available||February 2019|
|Last date for application submission||7/March/ 2019|
|Last date for fee payment||8/ March/ 2019|
|Releasing of admit card||18/ March/ 2019|
|Exam date||6/April /2019 – 20/ April/ 2019|
|Result announcement||30/April /2019|
JEE Main Application Correction 2019
Students will be able to correct the detailed in the application form during the correction period. The correction facility will be available in the month of January 2019 only through online. Corrections will be allowed in all entries except change of examination mode from online (CBT) to offline (PBT). Any additional fee can be deposit through (credit/debit card, e-wallet or e-challan).
New Changes Introduced Last Year
Below we have listed the new changes introduced previous year:
- There is no need to verify the 10+2 roll number.
- Aspirants are able to book their slot, for online mode exam
- Top 2, 24,000 qualified students of JEE Main are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced exam.
- CBSE board has identified 258 examination centres which include (248 exam centres in India & 10 centres in abroad countries).
- Diabetic candidates can take sugar tables, fruits &transparent bottle of water at the examination venue.
Paper-I for B.Tech/B.E
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized Offline as well as Online.
- Number of Questions: Total 90 questions will be asked in this exam.
- Type of Questions: Paper one will comprises Objective type questions
- Duration: The JEE Exam duration will be 3 Hours
- Marking Scheme: students will be awarded with 4 marks for correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be minus for incorrect response.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Paper-II for B.Planning/B.Arch Programmes
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through Offline (PBT)
- Number of Questions: paper will contain 30 questions of Mathematics, 2 questions of Drawing, 50 questions in aptitude test.
- Type of Questions: Mathematics & aptitude section will be of objective (MCQ) type questions and drawing test will be subjective type
- Duration: Total 3 Hours will be allotted
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response
- Negative Marking: one mark will be deducted for each wrong response.
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Aptitude Test||50 questions||200|
|Drawing Test||2 questions||70|