JEE Main 2018 Exam: Central Board of Secondary Education is going to release the official notification regarding the JEE Main 2018 Exam. JEE which stands for Joint Entrance Exam is a two stage process (Main and Advance) which is organised by the CBSE. JEE Main is the first stage exam. The exam is organised at national level in which lakh of applicants appear. The Applicants who are to apply for the JEE Main 2018 Exam can check all details here.
JEE Main 2018 Exam
- No weightage will be given to 12th class for calculating the All India Rank
- Aadhar Card is important to apply
- The candidates of J&K, Assam and Meghalaya are not included in this rule
- These candidates will have to fill Bank A/c no., Ration Card no., Passport no., or any kind of valid Govt. Id no.
Important dates for JEE Main 2018 Exam:
|Release of official Notification||3rd week of Nov 2017|
|Online Registration Starts||1st week of Dec 2017|
|Facility of Correction in Images||2nd week of Dec 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Last Date to make Fee Payment||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of Jan 2018|
|Availability of Hall ticket/Admit Card||2nd week of Mar 2018|
|Pen & Paper Based Test (Offline mode) Exam date||1st week of Apr 2018|
|Computer Based Test (Online mode) Exam Date||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Scorecard & Rank)||4th week of Apr 2018|
Who can Apply JEE Main 2018 Exam:
- The aspirants are born on or after 1st October 1993.
- 5 years age relaxation is provided to SC/ST and PwD applicants
- The applicants must have done 12th (SSC) from a recognised school
- The applicants must have got a min. of 75% marks (65% for the SC/ST and PwD) or they must be in Top 20 Percentile in their School to apply
- The applicants who have completed their 12th in 2016 or 2017 or are going to appear in 2018 only can apply.
- The Applicants can also have a Diploma which must be of 3 years duration
- The applicants can attempt the Exam a max. of 3 times
How to Apply JEE Main 2018 Exam:
The applicants in order to apply for the JEE Main Exam 2018 must visit the official site of JEE Main which happens to be jeemain.nic.in. There they must click on the Apply link to apply for the JEE Main Exam 2018. Then they must enter all their details in the form and must submit the same along with the fees.
|Papers||Offline examination||Online examination|
|Appearing||General/OBC (Male)||SC/ST/PWD/All Females||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Females|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper I & II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centers opted in Foreign countries|
|Paper I & II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I & II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main 2018 Exam pattern:
- Two papers happen to be in the JEE Main Exam, first being for Engineering and the second one being for Architecture.
- Paper I include 90 questions of a total of 360 marks
- Paper II include 82 questions of a total of 390 marks
- 3 hours duration is there
- Medium of the paper is English and Hindi
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-1||Physics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Chemistry||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Paper-2||Mathematics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Aptitude Test||50 Questions||200 marks|
|Drawing||2 Questions||70 marks|