JEE Main 2020 will be administrated by National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE Main is a national level entrance exam. It is conducted to offer admission in BE/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan programmes. NITs, CFTIs& various other institutions of India consider the JEE Main scores for providing admission in BE/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan courses. For admission in IITs & ISM Dhanbad, candidates have to qualify both exam, i.e. “JEE Main and JEE Advanced”. JEE Main is conducted every year. Here we are providing the information about JEE Main 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Here we are mentioned the details about JEE Main 2020 Application Form
- JEE Main 2019 application form will be released in first week of December 2019.
- Applicants can fill & submit the application form only through online method.
- upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of applicant & mother’s/father’s/guardian in JPG or JPEG format, at the time of form filling.
- There is no need to send the printed copy of the application form.
- The application/examination fee will be different as per the categories and mode of exam.
- Payment will be done through online mode.
- Students can also pay the application fee through e-challan of Canara/ICICI/ Syndicate bank.
- The examination fee will be non refundable.
|Papers||Offline Exam||Online Exam|
|General/OBC||SC/ST/PwD/All Girls||General/OBC||SC/ST/PwD/All Girls|
|For Exam Centres in India|
|Paper one or two||Rs. 1000||Rs. 500||Rs. 500||Rs. 250|
|Paper one and two both||Rs. 1800||Rs. 900||Rs. 1300||Rs. 650|
|For Exam Centres in Foreign Country|
|Paper one or two||Rs. 2500||Rs. 1250||Rs. 2500||Rs. 1250|
|Paper one and two both||Rs. 3800||Rs. 1900||Rs. 3800||Rs. 1900|
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria
Students must ensure their eligibility before applying for the JEE Main exam.
- Students can attempt for maximum 3 times for the JEE Mains exam.
- For JEE Advanced, students can appear for maximum 2 consecutive years
|Qualifying Exam||Students must pass 10+2 in 2018 and 2019 are eligible to apply.|
|Appearing Candidates||Students appearing in the 10+2 exams in 2020 are also eligible to apply.|
|Diploma Holders||Students holds Diploma are also eligible to apply but only for admission in IITs. Such students also have to appear for JEE Advanced exam 2019.|
|For admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs||Students have to obtain at least 75% or 65% for SC/ST in 10+ 2 exams or be in top 20 percentile of the respective board.|
|Number of Subjects||Students must have 5 subjects in the qualifying exam. Physics, mathematics & English are the compulsory subject along with any one of the subject from the Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject.|
|Year of Appearance||Students who have passed 12th exams in 2017 are not eligible. Students, who have appeared in 10+2 exams in 2017, did not pass in 2017 but passed in 2018 are also not eligible.|
JEE Main 2020 Tentative Dates
Here we are providing the tentative schedule of JEE Main Exam 2020
|Notification release||Fourth week of November 2019|
|Application form available||1st week of December 2019|
|Editing in uploaded image||2nd week of December 2019|
|Mock test available||3rd week of December 2019|
|Final date for application submission||1st week of January 2020|
|Application correction period||2nd week of January 2020|
|Availability of admit card/hall tickets||2nd week of March 2020|
|Offline Mode Entrance Exam||2nd week of April 2020|
|Online Mode Entrance Exam||3rd week of April 2020|
|Display of OMR sheet and answer key||Last week of April 2020|
|Result/AIR declaration (paper one)||Last week of April 2020|
|Declaration of AIR (paper two)||Last week of May 2020|
|Counselling registration||3rd week of June 2020|
JEE Main Application Correction 2020
Students will be able to correct the detailed in the application form during the correction period. The correction facility will be available in the month of January 2020 only through online. Corrections will be allowed in all entries except change of examination mode from online (CBT) to offline (PBT). Any additional fee can be deposit through (credit/debit card, e-wallet or e-challan).
New Changes Introduced Last Year
Below we have listed the new changes introduced previous year:
- There is no need to verify the 10+2 roll number.
- Aspirants are able to book their slot, for online mode exam
- Top 2, 24,000 qualified students of JEE Main are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced examination.
- CBSE board has identified 258 exam centres which include (248 examination centres in India & 10 centres in abroad countries).
- Diabetic candidates can take sugar tables, fruits &transparent bottle of water at the examination hall.
Paper-I for B.Tech/B.E
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized Offline as well as Online.
- Number of Questions: Total 90 questions will be asked in this exam.
- Type of Questions: Paper one will comprises Objective type questions
- Duration: The JEE Exam duration will be 3 Hours
- Marking Scheme: students will be awarded with 4 marks for correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be minus for incorrect answer marked by students.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Paper-II for B.Planning/B.Arch Programmes
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through Offline (PBT)
- Number of Questions: paper will contain 30 questions of Mathematics, 2 questions of Drawing, 50 questions in aptitude test.
- Type of Questions: Mathematics & aptitude section will be of objective (MCQ) type questions and drawing test will be subjective type
- Duration: Total 3 Hours will be allotted
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response
- Negative Marking: one mark will be minus for each wrong response.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Aptitude Test||50 questions||200|
|Drawing Test||2 questions||70|