NDA 2019: UPSC NDA & NA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year in the mid of April and September. Here we are providing the full details about the examination.
UPSC NDA 2019 Examination
Details of the examination:
|Name of the exam ||National Defence Academy and Naval Academy|
|Conducting body ||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam type ||All Over the India|
|Mode of Paper||English and Hindi|
|Exam Mode ||Pen paper Based|
|Application Correction||No window correction after submitting application form|
|Application form Mode||Online Only|
|Commerce Stream||Only eligible for Indian Army|
Important Dates for NDA 2019 Exam (I):
|Notification Date||Third Week of January 2019|
|Online Application process ||Third Week of January 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application process||Second Week of February 2019|
|Admit Card Availability ||Two weeks before exam|
| Commencement of the Examination||Third Week of April 2019|
Important Dates for NDA 2019 Examination (II):
|Date of Notification ||First Week of June 2019|
|Online Application process ||First Week of June 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application ||End Week of June 2019|
|Commencement of the Examination||Second Week of September 2019|
- Army Wing of National Defence Academy – Candidate must have cleared their Class XII Exam from recognized board.
- Air Force and Naval Wingof National Defence Academy and Cadet Entry Scheme (10+2) at Indian Naval Academy – Candidate should have passed the standard XII with Maths and Physics from the recognized board.
NDA 2019 Application Form (Exam 1st)
- Candidates have to visit the official site i.e. upsc.gov.in.
- There will be link which is related to registration, candidates have to click it and fill all their personal details on to that form.
- User name & password will be allotted to the candidate, login to apply for NDA Exam
- Read the instructions carefully while filling application form.
- Make payment i.e. application fee via online or through offline mode.
- Take a print out of the application form for further use.
NDA 2019 Application Fee:
- For General and OBC :Rs- 100/-
- Free of cost for SC/ST students or sons of JCOs/NCOs
NDA 2019 Selection process:
Selection procedure is divided into three phases:
- Written examination
- Personal Interview at SSB centres allotted by SSC
- Medical Fitness
NDA 2019 Exam Pattern:
- The question paper will be comprises of two sections- Maths& General Ability.
- No. of questions: 120 carries 300 marks, for Maths section and 150 questions scoring total 600 marks for General Ability Section.
- Total marks: 900
- Duration: Section I will be 02:30 hour’s minutes and for section II will be 02:30 hours.
- Negative Marking allowed
NDA Exam 2019 Physical Standards:
Candidate must fulfil all the physical standards norms such as height weight and eye sight.
Height/weight standard for Army/Air Force:
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height/Weight for Navy:
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16 years||18 years||20 years|
Eyesight Criteria for Navy:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6/|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
Eyesight criteria for Air Force
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Dph|
|Color Vision||CPI (MLT)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|