Pondicherry University is a central university which regulates its own entrance test. This entrance examination is known as Pondicherry University Entrance exam. The University was established in the year 1985. Pondicherry University offers various courses such as PG, Doctoral and Integrated Research courses in the field of business administration, engineering, arts, science and many others courses. Here we are providing the information about Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2019.
Pondicherry University 2019 Application Form
- The university will release the application form from first week of April 2019.
- Students can fill & submit the application form from the official website of the university.
- The last date to fill the application form will be first week of May 2019.
- Applicants have to apply separately for each programme.
- Fill all the required details carefully and completely.
- Upload the scanned image of passport size photograph (the size of the photograph 140 x 160).
- For the Defense Personnel, students have to submit the hard copy of the filled application form through post to the address mention below:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic-Admissions)
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicherry-605014
- Students can deposit the application fee through online mode (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking)
- Application Fee will be exempted for the differently abled students
- The application fee is Rs 6500/-for NRI and Overseas students.
|P.G. / P.G. Diploma||200/-||–||400/-|
|MBA (One common application form for all the five MBA courses)||500/-||–||1000/-|
Pondicherry University 2019 Tentative Date
Here we are mention the tentative schedule of Pondicherry University 2019 Entrance Exam
|Application Form Availability||March 2019|
|Closing date to submit the online application form||April 2019|
|Admit Card Issued||Third week of May 2019|
|Date of Entrance Exam||May 2019|
|Result Declaration||First week of June 2019|
Eligibility Criteria of Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2019
Students must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for PG, Ph.D, Integrated and PG Diploma courses are different.
For Integrated Courses:
- Applicant should pass their 12th exam from a recognized board.
- Applicants have to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
For PG Courses:
- Applicant must hold the graduation degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants have to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
For PG Diploma Course:
- Applicants must hold master degree from a recognized university under 10+2+3 pattern.
- Applicants have to qualify their qualifying exam with at least 55% marks.
For Ph.D Courses:
- Applicant must possess master’s degree from a recognized university under 10+2+3 patterns (or 10+2+5).
- Applicants have to score at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
Pondicherry University Exam Pattern
- Examination Mode: The exam will be held through computer based online test.
- Type of Question: Only Multiple Choice Question will be asked in the examination.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in Pondicherry University Exam
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be around 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for the each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.